Thursday, March 20, 2008

When in Rome...

I have added another days pictures to this blog. Check them out when you get a chance!!


Well, after a rainy morning Britt and I headed out about 4pm to the Vatican. Once we got there the sky cleared up and we had a warm, beautiful wait in line to get into St. Peter's Basilica. It was a long wait so I took pictures while Britt read the Rick Steves' book about the Vatican. Once we got in I found that it was soooooo worth the wait!! Its huge, beautiful, and just crazy. Its so hard to describe... you just have to go!! And, while we were there they were playing beautiful music. I thought they were just being very kind however we found they were doing Mass. So Britt and I joined... how many people can say they have been to a Mass INSIDE of St. Peter's Cathedral?? So cool!!

We were too late to get in the the Vatican Museum but getting into the Basilica was amazing!!

By the time we left the Basilica the sun was setting and it was COLD. The wind picked up and burrrrr... I wore my winter jacket but was still cold. We took the metro back to the Pantheon and on the way back stopped for gelato (hey, its never too cold for gelato)! It was so good I had seconds!! Haha!! They had a few flavors I really wanted to try!! I figure I won't be here too much longer to try all the flavors... I need to do it now!! At least that is what I am telling myself.

After gelato we went to the PANTHEON!! Ohhhhhh, its my favorite in all of Rome!! It just barely beats out the Palatine Hill, but it does!!!!! It's so beautiful. I see it and can only stare!! Since I have only been to it at night Britt and I are going to go back during the day tomorrow so I can see it one last time. Today it was even open inside (we were there less than 30 minutes before they closed so we stayed until closing). I took a ton of pictures inside until they closed and then took some outside.

On the way back home we stopped at the kabab place (same one as yesterday) and got another! They are Britt's favorite and I don't think they are half bad either!! Besides, they are cheap and tasty! I can't complain!

Now we are home, full, and I am sleepy. I will try to update my picture comments before going to sleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your descriptions!! Fun to read all that you are doing....but am having a hard time keeping up. You sure are busy!
Love, Grandma E