Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day in Milan...

So Britt and I spent the day today in Milan and as much as I loved Milan (and I did) I think my favorite part was the journey to and from it. Reason being... the entire way I got to to see the Swiss Alps!!! Which are soooooo beautiful!! I can see why Dan loves Colorado so much!! It was so peacefully and serene... I loved it!!

While in Milan, Britt and I walked the streets looking at all the amazing shopping (hey, its one of the shopping capitals of the world) and we went into the Duomo... and amazing church in the middle of the town. It was sooooo huge and sooooo beautiful! I feel so blessed at all the amazing sites I have been able to visit in Italy.

We climbed to the top of the Duomo and was able to see Milan surrounded by the Alps, which was another amazing site!! Britt and I walked around, did more shopping, I got a gelato (this time it was pineapple and peach... very good) of course, and then went to lunch at an amazing little bar. We spent a good 4 or 5 hours there before heading back to Verona.

While shopping I found a department store that had a whole cooking section. Here in Italy their coffee makers are much different than we use in the US and they are stove top. I think they are amazing and would like to have one. While in the department store I was going to get one but the lady 'helping' us out was so bad that I just walked out. I want my shopping experience to be fun... not to have to deal with a bitchy lady!! I think Andrea will try to help me find one similar to it in Venice... if I don't find one I'll look online. Anything but have to deal with bad customer service!! And, apparently that is the standard here in Italy. All I know is that when Britt and I walked up the Duomo and saw the town the the security guards and the cashier were extremely nice!! So I know this isn't a problem with everyone!

I took a few pictures but once again forgot to plug in my batteries so of course my camera died. So, I am charging up the batteries and then will try to upload all the pictures from the past few days. Once they are up I'll let you know...

We are all now back in Venice. I have one more day here before flying out on Thursday. I haven't gotten my final plans confirmed and sent to me (they generally are sent the day before travel) but here are the original plans...

Thursday, March 27, 2008
Alitalia # 7616
Operated by: DELTA AIR LINES -- DL 7616 - Please check in with the operating carrier

Venice Marco Polo (VCE) to New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK)
Departure (VCE): March 27, 10:30 AM CET (morning)
Arrival (JFK): March 27, 3:10 PM EDT (afternoon)
Class: Economy
Seat request: choose seats
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Alitalia # 3294
Operated by: DELTA AIR LINES -- DL 3294 - Please check in with the operating carrier

New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK) to Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson ATL (ATL)
Departure (JFK): March 27, 4:35 PM EDT (afternoon)
Arrival (ATL): March 27, 7:20 PM EDT (evening)

If anything changes I will let you know!!

No comments: