Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I'm a New Yorker but I sound southern...

Well, it has been a busy few days for me... I had an interview with a recruiter today at 2pm. It was close to downtown and it was right next to a mall that I haven't been to (can you believe there are still malls that I haven't been too yet!?!?). So, I went to the mall first and then to the interview second. It went pretty well. She explained to me how they operate and we found a couple of help desk related jobs that she is putting my resume in to. Hopefully something good will come out of it. Just in case it doesn't I will keep putting my resume out there on the internet. But basically its a waiting game until I get some calls for interviews.

Yesterday I went to the neighboring town to drop off some stuff at the Salvation Army. It was pretty interesting. But there was a Krispy Kream very close so you know I just had to stop (yummm!!). I also did some other shopping. There was a complex between here and there that looked pretty new and had some neat stores in it so I stopped there on my way back home. As I was finishing looking around (I didn't buy anything there) I was going to leave and side swiped a bright yellow Beetle. I couldn't believe it. I have been driving crappy cars for the past 7 years that I didn't care if I got into an accident. Did I ever smash it up?? No!! Now that I have had a new vehicle for 6 months I have been in 2 accidents. And how did I miss this bright yellow vehicle... I have no idea. I looked back and forth a couple of times and just completely missed it. I found out the girl who I hit just graduated high school and was working in the complex. She will be going to Georgia Tech coming up for Chemistry. She has lived for most of her life and he mother came because she lived like 5 minutes down the road. How did I learn all of this. Well, we had to wait about an hour for the police to finally show up. Found out that there had been 2 accidents at the same time on the road that the complex was on. And I guess they were pretty bad. As we were waiting one of the cars went by on a recker. It looked pretty bad. We had decided that our little accident wasn't so bad. How bad is my vehicle?? Well, not bad actually minus some yellow paint on my front bumper and a small dent on the passenger side of my car. THe bumper didn't crack or anything. I was pretty amazed at how well my car did turn out. The bumper is off a little but it wouldn't take much to get it back on. Since the accident was my fault I may have to pay the deductable to have her car fixed ($500 - ouch!) but if I do then I will probably get mine fixed since I will have already paid the deductable and it will not cost me anything to fix it.

This weekend some friends from Michigan came down with all of the stuff in a U-Haul. It was nice of them to drag it all the way here... it was a long drive for them... almost 18 hours!!! The trailer made it so they couldn't really go over 55 MPH the whole way down. But we were able to get it all unloaded rather quickly (there were 5 of us unpacking).

On Saturday we went downtown... it was nice to finally see it all. Beautiful and big. Can't wait to do some exploring. We ate lunch in the most beautiful mall... it had designers that I could only dream of affording in there!! Amazing. It was huge though and had a ton of stores in it but we were in a hurry and didn't have time to do some actual shopping. It was very cool... can't wait to go back!! I was able to meet a new friend. It was cool... he was really nice. The 5 of us went to Stone Mountain. It was a beautiful walk (warm but beautiful) and it was the most amazing view... you could see forever!! It was quite cloudy but that was good since we were standing on a huge rock... it would have been crazy hot if it had been sunny! There is a nightly laser show that is done on the side of the mountain. We walked down to the base of the mountain and sat out and watched the show. It was very cool... themed Patriotic since it was the big holiday weekend. There was music that the las show was set to and there was fireworks and everything. It was amazing!! I love fireworks!!

On Sunday we ate at Pappaduaux... it was the most amazing food... so good. And the restaurant was so gorgeous!! I absolutely loved it. It was decorated in an old style with brick walls and beautiful old bathrooms. Funny that I found the bathroom amazing but it reminded me of a restroom in an old theater or something like that. It was so cool!!! It was expensive but I can't wait to go back. We also went to a huge mall where the whole 3rd floor is the theater. We watched Shrek 2... very cute and very funny! I would defiantly recommend seeing it!! I think you will get a good laugh. especially if you liked the first one. We also did some shopping around the mall. It was pretty cool. Afterwards we got some ice cream and chilled at home. So much fun!!!

I started excercising again yesterday as well. Felt so good to finally start up again. This last week had been so crazy that I just stopped the routine. But I ran a mile... I was running 3 miles before but that was all on a flat surface... it is crazy hilly here and I feel so much more tired. As I get going I will defiantly get to go further. Got to work my lungs back up to speed. I also lifted some weights. Felt so good to do all of that!!

So, I hope that is enough reading for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The world is not safe if Kristie is driving!!! Ouch, easy on the accidents.

Dustin