Friday, September 12, 2008

Yummy Vegan Pumpkin Waffles!

I woke up this morning really wanting a waffle and since I hadn't used my waffle maker in forever I decided to give it a go. I found a few recipes that looked good but the one that really caught my eye was for a pumpkin waffle here. I had to change up the recipe a bit because the original would have made a ton and I needed to use the ingredients I have on hand. Here is what I came up with...



Ingredients
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flower
little less than 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
couple shakes of nutmeg
a shake of ground cloves
1 Tablespoon applesauce
1 cup soymilk
7 oz pureed pumpkin pie filling (all natural, no preservatives), canned
little less than 1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
Sift together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk together wet ingredients until well emulsified. Pour wet into dry and combine. I let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes while I put the ingredients away and got my Belgian waffle maker out and let it heat up. I made 7 Belgian waffles, but most will be frozen.

To top, I used 1 tablespoon applesauce, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a small drizzle of pure maple syrup.

They are amazing!! But I used up too much energy making them... I am exhausted now. I hate being sick!

No comments: