Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good Day of Food!

So, today I had a great food day! I tried 2 new recipes!! Woo hoo!! Actually, one wasn't a recipe but something I made up.

For breakfast I wasn't in the mood for the oatmeal that I had been making, I was in the mood for protein and vegetables. So I sauteed 1/2 a potato, 3 strips of red pepper, 2 strips of red onion, and garlic in olive oil. I added some tarragon and pepper as the seasoning. On the side, I had a tofu steak and a few slices of cucumber. For dipping, I used a little bit of ketchup and mustard. It was really good!

I had a full day at work... we did a Google migration in the morning, had a lunch meeting, and then went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch and I ordered the fresh fish tacos. There were 3 huge tacos, rice, and black beans. Yummy!! But it was so much food I was able to bring some home. It was great having lunch with my team... and we are lucky because we get to go to lunch together quite often! I love how much time we get to spend together and I love the people I work with!! Its so great!!

I have been wanting to make a recipe I have been eying in the Vegetarian Times... Root Vegetable Chili Soup. I had walked to Publix yesterday and picked up the ingredients I needed. After work I decided to make it! The recipe takes a long time to put together and I decided to have a bowl of the soup with a left-over fish taco. It was ok. I was a little disappointed, I felt like something was missing. But I checked the magazine again and it did mention that its better on day 2. So, I will have left-overs tomorrow and I'll see what I think!

No comments: