Friday, September 12, 2008

Left-Over Revamped

On Wednesday, Griffin and I took the contractors out to lunch at the Macaroni Grill to say thank you for all the hard work that they have been doing and to discuss where we think we are headed. It was my first experience at this restaurant I got the seafood linguine and a salad. I have to say the food was good but no better than what I can make at home. It felt like a normal chain (aka bland) restaurant. I would go back because the food was alright but it wouldn't be a spot that I would pick.

Either way, I had some left overs that I needed to make. I first thought I would heat up the left overs in the microwave and have a salad on the side but then I remember I had some greens that I needed to use up before they went bad so what I did was...


- a few hand fulls of greens
- about 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- few tablespoons of water
- few tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- Italian herbs
- crushed red pepper flakes
- EVOO
- tomato, diced

I coated the pan with EVOO and cooked the red onion and garlic, added the hand fulls of greens, and a few tablespoons of water. Added the herbs and mixed everything up in the pan. I added Italian herbs and covered. I let the greens wilt and once they were close to being fully cooked I added the left overs from Macaroni Grill and the tomato. Covered again, let sit about 5 minutes over medium low heat.

Yummy lunch!!

No comments: