Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Working at Buckhead Church

I have to say that I have been busy this week. Jason, who works at Buckhead Church, has been on vacation this week and I have been trying to fill his shoes. They are not the same size as mine, thus, me filling them is quite a difficult task. But I have been doing my very best.

After doing some work yesterday at North Point I made my way down here, I made a list of the computers that I wanted to work on, and set off to the first computer. You know how you have those days that everything you touch turns to gold and then you have those days where everything you touch turns to, well, lets just say the opposite of gold. I was having an opposite day. Oh my, was it frustrating. I started on a pretty usable computer, and within one hour I couldn't even get logged in. Four hours later and it was at least working again but my brain was not.

I was going to 7|22 last night to see Charlie Hall lead us in worship and then to see an interview with Dan Kimball, who wrote the book 'They Like Jesus But Not The Church.' Which is going on my To Read list! He was amazing and gave me so much to think about. He talked about how there are so many non-Christians who don't know Christians so all of their beliefs about us are based on what they see on TV or the stereotypes that they think we are. How I need to make sure that I am praying for and doing life with non-Christians and I need to make that a priority. Since I work in a church, a lot of my friends and family are Christian, and most of what I do revolves around those two things its very easy for me to get into my own bubble and not meet people who don't know Jesus. I came out knowing that I have something to work on and I am ready for the challenge!

Today I am back at Buckhead Church. And today is a gold day!! I so prefer these! Much less frustrating. And, after getting some work done I am to a point where I can relax a minute before diving into some learning. I thought you might want to take a look at where I am sitting:



And what I am looking at:


Its an absolutely beautiful day!!



No comments: