Monday, August 18, 2008

Tofu!!!

I had small group tonight and since we will start our new curriculum next week we decided to do a pot luck instead of any study. However, many of the ladies were super busy so only 3 of us were able to show up. I had already made a salad and Kaye brought some pineapple but we didn't have any protein to go with it. I had to think quick... and what is quicker than tofu! And it was amazing.

What I did was take about 3/4 of a block of firm tofu (I had used the other 1/4 previously in a different recipe), I used paper towel and a dish cloth to remove the excess water, I cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes, quickly marinated the soy vey teriyaki sauce and balsamic vinegar (maybe 3-4 minutes) and then pan-fried the tofu for about 5 minutes on medium-high that I had lightly covered in non-stick cooking spray. It turned out amazing! Perfect flavor, perfect texture!! Loved it!!

And what was more amazing was that the other 2 were nervous about eating tofu before we started but they each wanted seconds!! I felt good about that cause I had making something that people are nervous about eating and then not making it well.

Score one for me!!

No comments: