Saturday, August 09, 2008

Always something happening by my old apartment (M Street)

So, I was driving to Roy's condo for dinner and happened to drive by my old apartment.  I saw a police officer go up to this homeless man, they exchanged a few words, and before you know it the homeless man was trying to run... he was handcuffed and then another motorcycle cop, a prisoner transport, and 2 police cars pulled up! 

Since a couple of the police vehicles were blocking our road I sat and watched this scene play out thru a few lights.  I felt somewhat bad for the homeless man, not that he was taken into custody, especially if he did something to deserve it.  However, I was looking at his clothing and looking at him and the combination just pierced thru my heart.  What would it be like to live his life?  

No comments: