Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

I am sleepy... but that is an ongoing state! I am not busy in the sense that I used to be, aka I am not going to bed at 4am and getting up at 7am, however I have had a lot on my plate for a while now and the older I get the more I realize this will never change! Haha!

When I got back from Slovakia I basked in the feeling of a night on the couch, probably with some popcorn. I would sit there and be so content. And I would wonder why I could be that content. It wasn't that long ago that I couldn't sit still in my own home. That I had to be out, I had to be extroverted, that I had to be where ever it what happening. But I have learned that where I am is where its happening. And that week it was on my couch. At that time I wondered how long I would be able to stay like that, a few nights in a row open. Not busy. Not long is what I found out. I felt the same way on Sunday at church. So content to be there. I started thinking (probably not good with the preacher on stage) and I realized that I have been more and more content with my life. I definitely have parts I need to work on, but overall I am excited that God is leading me in this direction.

That next weekend I spent time with my parents and other family members in North Carolina. Then I had a busy week getting back into work, adding a good work out routine to my schedule for the fitness challenge, and trying to keep my sanity. Last Wednesday I looked at my schedule and cringed... every night for the next week is crammed. I work Sunday thru Thursday so here is how it has gone starting with Thursday, August 8:

Thursday - Sex and the City at the Fox Theater
Friday - work out for 2 hours; drinks with Victor, Bobby, and Vic; Kyle's Birthday Party
Saturday - my birthday -- worked out 30 minutes, dinner with Victor, Roy, Bobby, Dallas, and Vic then Lisa Lampanelli comedy show
Sunday - worked, got my nails done, grocery shop for party, birthday party with Marcus, Heather, Tangela, Cleveland, and Jason.
Monday - should have been small group and it was going to happen at my place however it fell thru so I worked out 1 1/2 hours
Tuesday - (today) I went straight from work to work on a few personal computers for a lady I work with.
Wednesday - going to the Farmers Market with Marcus
Thursday - Night of Worship at Buckhead Church
Friday - birthday party for a friend

Saturday - no plans!!! Woo Hoo!! Day of rest for me!! It will be well needed!!

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to do everything I am doing!! This is so not complaining, just a statement of facts!

No comments: