Saturday, April 03, 2010

Roast... yummy!!

I heart slow cooker recipes.  I love it when I am walking down the hallway of my apartment and can smell it cooking.  Sometimes I even forget that I started the slow cooker and as I'm walking home I think, 'oh that smells so good I wish I had someone cooking for me' and then I walk in my place and boom it hits me that it is my food!  Haha!! Love it!!

Anyway, my friend Sue once made a roast for me and a few other people that I loved and that was super easy.  I thought why not give it a go for Erinleigh, George and Richard.  So I brought the roast, potatoes, and carrots.  I also made gravy out of the juice and got some whole wheat hamburger buns that I toasted in the oven with garlic salt.
 
Beef Roast

1 can of dark beer
1 can of French onion soup (or a packet of French onion soup mix)
3 lbs beef (whatever kind of roasting meat you would like)

Put the beef in the slow cooker.  Mix the beer and soup together and put over top.  Add some water if you would like.  Put it on slow and let it cook for 8 to 10 hours. 

In the last few hours I added the carrots, just to cook the carrots.

No comments: