Sunday, April 11, 2010

Few Things You Must Know

I had a wonderful weekend!!  Very busy but very fun...

On Friday some girlfriends and I did 'Brunch & a Market' by going to Ria's Bluebird Cafe and then the Dekalb Farmers Market.  Ria's has crazy ridiculously yummy food!! I had the brisket breakfast.  The other ladies got different breakfasts and we each tried bites of each other's food and I have to say each one was amazing!!

Friday night my Aunt Sue and cousins Alex and Wes came thru Atlanta on their way from Florida to Indiana.  They thought they were going to make it into the city in time for dinner however traffic dictated otherwise and they made it at about 10pm instead.  So, Aunt Sue and I had a glass of wine and we all hung out on the roof for a little bit.

In the morning Aunt Sue, Wes and I let Alex sleep in (like all teenage young ladies like to do) and we took Preston out to the dog run and then up to the roof so they could see the ATL skyline in the daylight.  Of course we went back up again after Alex was up and moving too.  Since it was almost lunch time and when asked Wes said he wanted steak for breakfast, so we decided to nix breakfast all together and head to Fat Matt's for rib.  Yummo!!  I don't know of better ribs.  I figure they liked it too cause between the 4 of us we at a rack and a half of ribs PLUS a half chicken.  Lots of meat!



At night I went to 1010 in Midtown to meet up with VJ and some other friends to hang out at the pool.  Amazing pool it was. But after a bit we were hungry so we headed to Piola and had an amazing time hanging out at the bar, meeting the staff, and eating waaaaaay to much.  If you are ever in Midtown you need to stop here.  It is the best!! 


 And, they have my favorite (which I have now learned how to make) Aperol Spritz!!  Woo hoo!!



Finally, one more thing you just must know, especially if you own an iPhone.  Ok, so only if you own an iPhone.  Did you know there is an App called Scout Mob??  If not, you must download immediately!! It finds your location and then gives you a coupon on your phone for a percentage off at local restaurants, shops, boutiques, etc.  When you get to the location you show them the Scout Mob coupon to receive the discount.  Thank you Tom for showing me this app!!  

No comments: