Kristie's Mixed Up Millet
Olive oil spray
1 sweet potato, diced
1 leek, cleaned and chopped
1 cup uncooked millet
10 small mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
3 cups homemade vegetable broth
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
turkey breast, cooked and diced1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup frozen collard greens
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 pinch of chili powder
5 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
1 can Rotel tomatoes, not drained
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Spray with olive oil spray and add sweet potato. Cook, stirring frequently.
- Add leeks and millet to the skillet and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, and jalapeno and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in broth, chicken, turkey, corn, spinach, collards, thyme, rosemary, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until millet is cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and gently stir inbasil and Rotel. Cover and cook about 5 more minutes.
It looks like a lot in the ingredients list, however it was really easy to make and it had great flavor! Yummy!! If you want something with less ingredients check out the original. It looks very good too!!!!!!! Enjoy!!