Thursday, April 22, 2010

I heart the crock!!

Another crock pot recipe!!  I'm contemplating  removing my coffee maker and making the crock a permanent fixture on my counter top.  Really, I use the coffee maker like once every few months because work has a Keurig and I generally use my moka pot when I make a latte at home.  And, I have been using the crock pot more like weekly and I love it!!  Quick, easy, and boy does my house smell good.

Tuesday night I made the following for Erinleigh, George, and Richard.  Want to see something cool??!!?!?  Check out this blog...  Standing.  That's all I'm going to say.  Well, that and WOOOOO HOOO!!!!

Ok, back to food.  The original is here.  And here is what I did...

Chicken Madras With Curry

3 onions, diced
2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 medium butternut squashed, seeds removed and diced
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp Indian curry powder (yellow)
1 4lb frying chicken
1/2 tsp chicken seasoning
1/2 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste

In crockpot, combine onion, apples and squash; sprinkle with cinnamon and curry powder. Mix well.  Remove the skin from the chicken, arrange breast side up over onion mixture. sprinkle with paprika, chicken seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is tender.

I made this with some brown rice.  Yummo!

1 comment:

Kit-bert: "semi" eevil HR Director said...

Mmmmmmmmm.....when's dinner? sounds very yummy, Kupcake!! XOXO