For the picture party we did a pot luck dinner. Everyone brought amazing food and it was great to see everyone again! For dinner I brought a remake of this recipe I made previously.
Spinach Orzo Salad
1 ½ cup orzo
1 orange, zest, juice & pulp
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. all spice
1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
3/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
4 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup hot mango chutney
Freshly ground pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions until just al dente (pasta should be firm but not hard); drain in colander.
- While orzo cooks, whisk the orange juice, orange zest, orange pulp, oil, vinegar, cinnamon and all spice in a large bowl.
- Add orzo to bowl and stir with a rubber spatula to mix well; add sea salt and pepper and mix again; cover and set aside for up to 2 hours (or refrigerate, bringing salad back to room temperature before proceeding).
- Toast almonds in a dry pan over low heat until golden and fragrant (about 8 minutes), checking several times to avoid burning; set aside to cool slightly.
- Chop spinach. Stir spinach, mango chutney, and toasted almonds into orzo mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 4 to 6 servings.