Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What's new with me...

Well, yesterday I taught Preston to roll over!! Woo hoo!  I have been working with him since I got him on the command.  It took time but it was fun teaching him.  I am so proud... like a proud parent!  Ha!  He is super excited too that I am super excited.  LOL!!

In other news, the artichoke dip that I just posted was for Jennie's Birthday Party.  She lives in my building and had some friends get together on the roof of the building... we all made food and/or brought wine and hung out and ate.  I ate waaaaay too much food yesterday but I had a blast!

Last week we had our Admin Retreat at work.  The entire division went to Browns Bridge Church for 2 days and went thru the book "7 Habits of Highly Effective People."  There were 7 groups and each group presented a habit.  It was a blast.  I even got to work on my fear of microphones.  I did some public speaking!  Next to tackle... my fear of basements...

Last Friday I made dinner for my friend Ryan.  And she brought her dog over so our puppies could meet.  Preston was a little too aggressive... I will have to work on sharing with him.  He didn't want to share his space...  But, we Ryan and I had fun eating dinner, taking our dogs for a walk, and watching Cougar Town.  Jennie even stopped by for a while.

On Saturday, I met up with my Cambodia trip group for some Cambodian food at Phnom Phen in Tucker, GA.  I am even more excited now about the trip as I LOVED the food!!  I also had a blast with the group.  I foresee us getting along really well!

Tomorrow should be ladies night with my friend Lynette, Shannon, and a few other ladies.  We keep planning our meetings but sickness, travel, and miscellaneous issues keep getting in the way of the fun! 

Then on Thursday night Mom comes into town!! Woo hoo!!  I can't wait!

No comments: