- None of us know in the moment when we are making our mark. We only realize the significance of the moment when we look back.
- God's greatest concern for us is that we will become so successful that we will forget the Lord.
- When Jesus prayed 'give us our daily bread' he was referring back to the time God fed the Israelites daily manna from heaven.
- What do you do when you don't know? When I am waiting for God to decide how He is going to use me? How do I position myself to be used for God's glory?
Joshua 23:8 - 'Cling' to the Lord your God...
Joshua 23:11 - Take diligent heed to 'love' the Lord your God...
Joshua 24:15 - As for me and my household we will 'serve' the Lord.
What set Joshua up to say this at the end of his life? Joshua 5:13-15
13 Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, "Are you for us or for our enemies?"
- There were usually guards & laws preventing someone armed in the presence of Joshua. This man would have been considered an assassin.
- Essentially Joshua asked "are you for ME or against ME"
- The literal translation of 'neither' is 'no.' Joshua asked the wrong question. The question was not big enough.
- When he said commander - that was actually Joshua's title.
- Joshua had authority over the Israelites & he was considered their greatest authority. Joshua realized the angel had more authority than he did.
- There are 2 question you can ask:
- Do I have authority?
- are you for me or against me?
- Who am I for?
- What side am I on?
- Joshua demonstrates he is uner authority by bowing down.
- The angel didn't answer any big question or give any big instruction. He didn't tell him the future or how to handle any major issue.
- Instead, Joshua was tested to see if he would surrender/submit to God. It was more about making God's name great.
- Live as a women who is under authority.
- Obey God, trust him with the outcome.
- God takes responsibility to the life that is fully submitted to Him.
- It doesn't matter who is for me or against me. It's about who I am for.
- It's not about who is on my side but who's side I am on.
- If I win I win. And if I lose I win. Because I trust God with the outcome.