If you are like me, lactose intolerant, and love artichoke dip you want an alternative that won't leave you hurting. And the fact that I made it yesterday and no one noticed the missing cheese (I didn't tell them it was made with tofu) and no one even batted an eye!!
Hot Artichoke Dip
- 1 12-oz. pkg. light silken tofu
- 2 Tbs. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 15.5-oz. can artichoke quarters in water, drained, rinsed, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Paprika for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400F. Purée tofu thru red pepper flakes in blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to bowl.
- Stir artichokes and spinach into tofu mixture. Spoon into 8-inch glass pie dish or casserole. Bake 20 minutes. Dust with paprika; serve.