Thursday, December 04, 2008

What happens When We Give Thanks...

At North Point on Monday we had our Not-So-Christmas Party. We sang Christmas songs praising our Savior, we ate some amazing cake (at 10am) and had hot chocolate. We gave thanks. The message at the meeting was giving thanks.

'Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.' 1 Chr. 16:34
'For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God NOR GAVE THANKS to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.' Rom 1:21-23
We learned that people who don't give thanks to God:
  • They know God
  • They do not glorify God
  • They do not GIVE THANKS
  • Their hearts become darkened
  • They become fools
  • They exchange the glory of God
People who GIVE THANKS to God:
  • We know God
  • We glorify God
  • We GIVE THANKS
  • Our thinking becomes worthy & weighty
  • Our hearts become enlightened
  • We become wise
  • We worship the immortal God
What do I give thanks for? Well, a ton. I am so blessed. Some of what I wrote down are:

Temporal Blessings: Parents, Brother, Extended Family, Amazing Co-Workers, Small Group, Wonderful Friends, All My Possessions (home, stuff in it, car, food, iPhone, etc), Job I LOVE Going To, Health, Ability to Travel to See My Family and Friends...

Eternal Blessings: God's Grace, Love, Forgiveness, Word, Peace, Faithfulness, Wisdom; All-Knowing God; Holy Spirit in Me; Jesus Died for Me; My Salvation; Adopted as a Child of God...

After my family left on Thanksgiving this was the message I needed to hear. I was so sad and missing them so much that I needed to be reminded of all the blessings that are in my life.

One of the songs that was played during communion...

Rid me of myself, I belong to YOU!!

No comments: