Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eggnog (Soy-nog) and Banana Pancakes

I found this recipe online that was adapted from Nigella Lawson’s pancake recipe. So I guess that would make this recipe an adaptation of an adapted. Or something like that. Either way, these were made for my family's Christmas/Birthday breakfast and my parents and I thought they were darn good!



Eggnog/Banana Pancakes

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 2/3 cups pancake mix (I used Aunt Jemima, I think, but any mix will do)
1 1/3 cups Silk Nog (or Eggnog)
2 eggs
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 banana, thinly sliced

Melt the butter and set aside to cool slightly.

In a large, wide-necked measuring cup, measure out the pancake mix. In another cup, measure the Eggnog, beat in the eggs and then the canola oil and slightly cooled butter, and pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking as you do so.

Heat either a griddle or nonstick frying pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Use a 1/4-cup measure cup to pour mix onto griddle. Top each pancake with a few slices of banana.

When you see bubbles erupting on the surface, turn the pancakes over and cook for a couple of minutes, if that, on the other side.

Enjoy!

No comments: