Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Current Favorite Drink... Hot Chocolate with Peppermint

I have been loving candy canes this year, like I do every year. However, my friend Erinleigh introduced me to putting the beloved candy cane into hot chocolate. How cool is that! I didn't have hot chocolate packets at my house so I looked around online and found a recipe, made it up, and then found out I like it way better than the regular packets at the grocery store. And, its so super easy and inexpensive that I made a large quantity and now just pull it out when I want some (only, like, every night)!!

Super Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe

1 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tbsp. sugar
small pinch of chili powder
2 tbsp. water
1 c. reduced-fat vanilla soy milk

I mixed up the cocoa powder, sugar and chili power into a canister and then when I want some I just do 3 tbsp of the mix.

Combine mix and water in a small saucepan. Heat it on low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the paste from sticking to the pan. After about 1 to 2 minutes, add milk (if you don't do vanilla soy milk you can add some vanilla to your drink too). Mix it all together until it reaches your preferred temperature.

I love to top off my hot chocolate with a peppermint star peep and a candy cane!! Yumm-o!

No comments: