Monday, November 24, 2008

My Version Of Spicy Thai Coconut Corn Soup

A few days ago I came across the following recipe from Happy Herbivore and I thought it sounded amazing. At the time I really didn't need to cook anything but I had some light coconut milk that I needed to use up, so I decided to made some and freeze it. And I am so glad I did!! It turned out amazing!! I, of course, changed up the recipe from the original -- to fit what I already had at the house, however I bet the original would be amazing so check out the other site too!

My version of Spicy Thai Coconut Corn Soup

1/2 red onion, diced
2 garlic clove, minced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 cups left over cowboy caviar
15oz lite coconut milk or fat-free soy milk
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tsp dried cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp lime zest
red pepper flakes as desired (a little goes a long way)

In a large pot, high heat, cook red onion in 1/2 cup water 3 minutes. Add garlic and celery and continue to cook until water is gone. Add all other ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce to low, cook 5-10 minutes - until thoroughly warmed. Add additional soy milk to thin out if desired.

No comments: