Tuesday, January 15, 2008

THIRTY!!! WOO HOO!!

SOOOOO... I was able to do 30, yes 30, floor wipers in a row!!!!!!!!! For those who don't know what they are check it out...



When I started doing them I was only able to do 5 in a row (1 = up to the left, down to the middle, up to the right, down to the middle). So 30 today was HUGE!! I am overly excited!!

I don't remember how much I have discussed my workout routine on here in the past so here is a good spot to mention it. Since the beginning of December I have been doing the "300 workout" which includes the following:

# 25 pull-ups
# 50 deadlifts (right now I am up to 40 lbs... but I will go to 50 next week)
# 50 push-ups
# 50 box jumps (I use a step from the aerobics class with 5 levels)
# 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 10 pounds - next week it will be 12 lbs)
# 50 "clean and press" at 15 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
# 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

I always mix a few other exercises into the routine to keep it interesting but the point of the routine is to not stop working to keep the cardio up. Before the routine I run/jog 30-45 minutes (3-5 miles). I do this routine on Saturday and Tuesday. On Thursday I generally jog 30 minutes and plates for 60 minutes.

Right now I am sore... but that is great!! Hehe!!

1 comment:

Jerry said...

That's awesome! Keep it up!