Saturday, December 18, 2004

PICTURES!!

I am uploading pictures right now to my link... it generally takes about an hour for the pictures to be viewable... but there will be its own section (New House - Dec. 2004). They were taken on Friday so there are a lot of boxes all over the place... but then there still are.

It has been quite an adventure-some couple of days... I got out of work yesterday at noon and went to TJ Max for the curtains. I found some I liked but they were all still a little more than I wanted to pay... so I went to the clearance section. I didn't find any curtains but I did find some nice bed sheets. So I put the curtains down and picked up the bed sheets (twin size Tommy Hillfiger) for $4 each. So I got 3 of those for the game room (2 in off-white and one in navy blue) and then I found a king size navy blue sheet for $7. I have the sewing machine so now all I have to do is sew them up. We got one of my roommates a bed and we got us each a desk for our computers.

Today we went out to another part of Atlanta where there is a lot of discounted furniture... it was so crazy. We went in one section that was named the "Furniture Mall." I have never been in anything like it and it is very hard to describe... just that there was a ton of stuff in it and you could get anything from authentic Oriental rugs or furniture to your hair cut. It was like a huge barn had been converted into this huge maze of things and places to go! I also for the first time saw the gay yellowpages... I laughed so hard but the guys wouldn't let me take one home... LOL!!

After that the guys went to get the washer and dryer (which was picked up from Best Buy) and I went to Target and Publics (for groceries). I found out why most people don't do move during Christmas time... I got to Target and all of the carts were taken!! The experience was a little worse since I don't know the stores very well yet and they were all packed with people!! Eventually I will find my way around.

On another note... I know a few of you have asked what actually happened at TJ Max... well, I never found out. If I ever do I will post it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

House looks great, Kristie! So glad that you posted the pics. I love to be able to picture where family members live. Sounds like you are being very domestic--making curtains from sheets. Good for you. I am sure you will have the house in good shape in no time.
Have a Merry Christmas in your new home!
Love, Grandma