Friday, December 17, 2004

Done with the drive!!!

Well, last night was the first night in the new place!! It only took 2 trips last night for us to have everything moved... now its time to put everything away. It was nice this morning... I was able to get to work in about 10 minutes!! I love that drive!

I wasn't able to go to the house at lunch yesterday... actually... I never was even able to take a lunch yesterday. Ten minutes before my lunch break was to begin all of the phone lines for all of our customers in Dallas went down. So we were bombarded with calls. Then our phones here in the office went down… yeah… customers didn’t appreciate that and they let us know thru emails and web based tickets… between the 2 we had over 1,000 within about 10 minutes. So, I was able to get off the phone for the afternoon and help our web group take and inventory all of the tickets. The phone lines were fixed within 20 minutes but we got done inventorying everything just before 5:00 so I was able to leave on time.

I already took some pictures of the house with all the boxes. I took them this morning and we don't have Internet access there yet so I am waiting to get that before I can upload those... also, I will take some more pictures this weekend as everything gets put away.

I wish I would have had my camera on my drive home last night just to remind myself what I have been driving in. I was sitting on the top of a hill… looking at a speed limit sign – “Speed Limit 30 MPH during School times” and thinking I wish I was going 30. And then I look ahead of me and I see nothing but red break lights for miles… and then looking in my rear view mirror and seeing nothing but white lights for as far as I could see. I will not miss that drive!

With any luck and (knock on wood) no mass outages I will be out of here at noon… going to TJ Max (will test my luck again) to see if they have curtains or anything else we may need and then going home and clean, put away, and wait for the cable guy to come…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all moved in!
I will watch for pictures!
Did you ever find out what all the excitement was at TJ Max?
Have a FUN afternoon!!
Love, D & M