Thursday, December 16, 2004

Last Day??

This could be the last day of the move... last night the guys made 3 trips back and forth between the old and new house. They moved a lot of the big stuff while I started at the new house... unpacked my car... arranged things in the new house... went to the old house and repacked again.

I got the kitchen packed up!!! I was dreading that the most because it has been a mix of everyone’s stuff. So I had to go thru every cupboard to make sure everything or ours had been packed while making sure not to pack anything that wasn’t ours. But like 5 boxes later all the kitchen stuff had been packed away.

I now have the Christmas tree back up in the new house... the tree is up but not decorated. That will probably done tomorrow afternoon.

I was thinking about going to the new house at lunch (to keep myself from shopping) and unpacking so I can go back to the old house to make the ‘final’ (hopefully ) trip to make sure we got everything. But that may not work because lunch is being provided today at work to celebrate Christmas. That isn’t bad though because I wasn’t looking forward to the rush hour traffic if I left here at 5:00pm tonight… but if I hurry and go to the new house, unpack and run it won’t be much better… I’ll see how the lunch thing goes… it may work out that I can eat while I work and still make it to the house for my lunch break.

Hopefully we will be spending the night in the new house (and I will be sleeping in an extra hour)!

On another note… yesterday I went shopping for silverware… I decided to start at TJ Max to see what they had. I left work around noon and I noticed there were about 5 or 6 helicopters just hovering in the air and thought that was odd. I then got to the complex with TJ Max in it and there were police cars and fire engines all over the parking lot and there was some yellow caution tape covering a lot of the parking lot. Still there were a lot of people walking around so I thought the store may still be open. I got out of my car and started walking towards the store when a police officer told me that the stores were closed and to get back into my car and leave the area. Hmm. Now I am curious but I left anyway and went to Target. I ended up getting my silverware at target but still haven’t found out what happened in the parking lot of TJ Max yesterday. I looked thru the Internet at the news stations and I listened to the news last night and this morning but no mention of what occurred. Still curious.

1 comment:

Jason Poll said...

I'd say something like "Glad that I live in the middle of nowhere," but we have some weird stuff happen up here from time to time as well...

Let us know if you find out what was going on.