Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tuesday's Fud.

Tuesday I got to visit Erinleigh & George's new house when I brought them dinner!! It is a beautiful house, just outside the perimeter.  Luckily I remembered my passport... LOL! I actually loved their neighborhood... a fun mix of culture and 70's style homes.


In the next paragraph I'll discuss what I made however first I must say that after dinner EL and I went to the Super H Mart... an Asian (with a splash of Mexican) market about 10 miles from her house.  I couldn't read a lot of what was there but I want to try it all!  I loved it and will be frequenting it I'm sure.  Now to find someone who is Asian to take me around... LOL!!!



Ok, now for what I made.  Since I was out of town all weekend I didn't want to try to do too much for dinner so I bought a roasted chicken from Publix and brought rice, beans, and corn.


Rice and Beans

1 cup of dried beans
2 cups brown rice
water
1 can Rotel tomatoes (original)

In a large bowl, cover dried beans with water and soak overnight in the fridge.

Next, place the brown rice and 5 cups of water in a large sauce pan.  Bring to a boil on high. Once boiling, reduce heat medium-low and cover.  Let cook for 45 minutes.

While the rice is cooking, boil the beans in a separate pot on the stove over medium-high heat.

Once the rice is done cooking, drain the beans.  Add the beans and the Rotel to the rice.  Mix and serve.


This was super easy and I would totally do it again.  I was even impressed with the pre-cooked chicken from Publix!!

No comments: