Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Roasted Pork Chops and Peaches

I know I haven't posted in a few days but I have been quite busy.  I have pictures from the weekend that I need to get with Jennie before I can share them so once I have them I'll blog my weekend events.  

In the meantime, I'll share this super easy, ridiculously delicious meal. I found it in my Real Simple magazine and barely changed it up.  I made it Tuesday night for Erinleigh, George, and Richard.  I even got a marriage proposal out of it... LOL!!  Iknow you will want to make it over and over... cause I sure do!!




Roasted Pork Chops and Peaches




1 tablespoon olive oil
4 bone-in pork chops (each 3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
kosher salt and black pepper
4 peaches, cut into wedges
1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves

1. Heat oven to 400º F.
2. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
3. Add the peaches, onion, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Return the pork (and any accumulated juices) to the skillet. Transfer the skillet to oven and roast until the pork is cooked through and the peaches are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil.

I made this with a mix of grains (which smelled way better than tasted so I'm not blogging that recipe), biscuits and steamed broccoli.  

No comments: