Friday, August 28, 2009

Rainy Day Weekend

Well, I am exhausted. At work I have been working hard on upgrading the bookstore inventory software and I have to say I am disappointed on how un-well it is going. I just keep working and praying and I know that it will all work out. And, I guess we learn a lot from things going wrong so I have had a lot of practice this week at learning. Hopefully next week I can implement the lessons that I have learn and make it go a little bit better!!

On a better note, Preston and I are having a ton of fun!! He is an excellent walker and we love to play around. Thru our first (and so far only) fight he learned that I am alpha! Ha! He loves sitting next to me and will follow me all around the house. I have learned that he doesn't like baths (I think this is typical for dogs) and he doesn't like wearing the cone around his head (he has had to wear it when I am not around as he got fixed about 10 days ago). But, he does like the food and dog bones I bought, getting petted, sitting on the couch, but toys he is pretty indifferent about!

Last night Lynette came over and we watched Kiss Me Kate, ate dinner and had Pink champagne. I usually am not a huge champagne fan but Pink was amazingly good! It was fun to drink while watching old moves! Now I need to go antique shopping and find a few old champagne glasses to drink them out of. We just drank them out of my big red wine glasses... just not the same! Ha!

For dinner I made the Baked Thai Corn Fritters but this time I doubled the recipe and added edamame and peas. We had thme with brown rice mixed with Biryani (curried rice with peas, red pepper, apples, raisins and spices) that I bought from Trader Joes and chicken apple sausage. Lynette brought over Stacy Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips and Mint Oreos. I over-indulged with the pita chips and I did have a (couple) mint oreos. Totally broke my general ban on dessert! But, after the week I had I really just wanted some good junk food! Ha!! I also loved Kiss Me Kate and had a blast chatting with my good friend. It has been a while since we been able to get together. We keep making plans but schedules and sheer exhaustion have kept us apart!

1 comment:

Kit-bert: "semi" eevil HR Director said...

I LOVE Girls Nights and am so glad that we were able to get together! Dinner was yum and as always I loved our time together! We must plan this every week (as best as we can, anyway, with our crazy schedules) :) Love you hon! Thanks for having me over! xoxoxo