Thursday, August 06, 2009

Congrats Brittany & Jake!!!

I had an AMAZING time with my family at Brittany & Jake's wedding last weekend...

Brittany & Jake


Brooke, Brittany, Aunt Julie, & Vicki

I arrived mid-afternoon on Friday and was very excited to see my parents in the airport when they picked me up. We met up with my grandparents in the hotel and in the evening we me up with everyone at the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was more of an outdoor picnic, which was super fun. We had a bunch of picnic tables right by a lake (they don't call MN the land of 10,000 lakes for nothing) and a lot of people played volleyball. We were even able to celebrate Alex's 15th birthday!! I was kinda out of it and quite achy so my parent and I left early to go back to the hotel to sit in the hot tub. It was just what I needed... early night, hot tub, sleep. I woke up Saturday with a new lease on life!!

Saturday morning we all headed to the reception hall to help decorate. My Dad and I put the Hershey Kisses on all the tables, which I thought we did a wonderful job ;) After decorating we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up and dressed up before the wedding at 2pm. It was BEAUTIFUL, my cousin Brittan was GORGEOUS, her sisters Brook and Vicky were FABULOUS and Jake was handsome. It was a wonderful wedding... very traditional until the very end when the wedding party danced down the isle. I loved it!

After the wedding we chatted with family and watched the pictures being taken before heading to reception. I can't say enough about the decorators at the reception... we, uh I mean they, did a wonderful job! LOL! The food was delicious and I had a great time dancing with all my cousins... even Wes came out to cut it up! Brennan and Colton were amazing dancers. However, my favorite dancer was Alex, but that's because she slow danced with me :)

On Sunday we all got together at Uncle Jim and Aunt Julie's house to watch the present opening. Thank goodness Brittany read the cards and Jake opened cause there were lots of presents and we would have been there for days had we had to watch Britt open them all... LOL! After opening we ate Chinese for linner and then had birthday cake for dessert. Yumm-o!

At night my parents and I headed back to the hot tub for some additional relaxation before heading to my grandparents room to play schafkopf. I am so glad we were able to get a few games in this weekend!!!

Then bright and early Monday morning I hopped back on a plane and went straight to work. It has been a very busy week at work too with lots of interesting projects for me to work on. At night, I have tried not to do too much but Tuesday night I scrubbed down my apartment, yesterday I did plates and then walked to Publix to get some popsicles. Tonight I have a mission trip meeting and tomorrow night a group of friends are going to Teela Taqueria to celebrate my first annual 29th birthday!! I am super excited and will remember to bring my camera so I can take many pictures of the festivities.

If I get any additional pictures from the wedding I will post them here!!

No comments: