Tuesday, October 23, 2007

NEW EXPRESSO MAKER!!!

OHHHH I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

I was talking to a co-worker at Cbeyond last week about how much I love Starbucks and am learning the 'language.' I am not to the point where people there know my name but then I guess that means I have something to strive for...

But, in the conversation I happened to mention how much I love expresso and will get an extra shot in my drinks sometimes. Well, come to find out he has an expresso maker that neither he or his wife use. Whaaaaaaa?!!? Don't use?!?!?! Apparently he received it as a gift so I told him if he ever wanted to find it a good home, I am willing to adopt it.

This week guess what he brought to work!! You guessed it! The expresso maker! I was thrilled. So yesterday at lunch I went to my favorite Starbucks out in Vinings and got me some expresso!! Why is that particular Starbucks my favorite?? EVERY time I have been there everyone has been more than helpful, the go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and they always seem to be having fun! They are an inspiration to me.

So, of course I couldn't make expresso last night or I would just be going to sleep right now. However, I did read the instructions and ran some test runs (I can make a mean cup of hot, steamed water). I woke up this morning with a big fat grin on my face, came out to the kitchen, and made my first expresso with steamed milk. Not to shabby for the first go.

What do you think??




1 comment:

Kit-bert: "semi" eevil HR Director said...

that is sooo awesome! what a sweet gesture from Cbeyonder :)

for some reason, I never noticed your comment that you left me a while back when I posted a blog...so I had no clue that you even were reading my blogs OR that you had your own blog..(derrr) yea I'm clueless sometimes! :)

Can't wait to reconnect and see ya on Sunday! we should def get together more often!! esp since you're a huge SATC fan - I love it! I can watch SATC over and over and over! :)