Thursday, February 24, 2011

Customer Service and my local Target

I'm not sure how you have felt about your shopping experiences lately but I have to rant here. I've gotten to doing more and more coupon shopping. I'm not as good as some, but I do fairly well with my coupons.  Target, however, hasn't been very nice about accepting coupons.  So I wrote this to their customer service department.  Let's see if they respond...

I have to let you know about an experience I had with Cynthia at 8:30am today. She was AMAZING!!! She greeted me when I walked in the door and was the nicest checkout person that I've had the pleasure of working with at Target She was sweet, helpful, friendly, talkative, pleasant, took my coupons without hassle and got me laughing in the checkout lane. I'm horrible at remembering names but I won't forget Cynthia!
I have to be honest, with the service that I've experienced lately at that Target store I had all but written Target off. The thing is, Target is on my commute to work so its convenient and would love to have positive shopping experiences when I go there. My experience lately at this Target has been sub-par, dare I say worse than Walmart (and I can't stand Walmart). I will print Target coupons from your website and bring them in and have to argue with the cashiers for them to take them. I've even had to argue with a manager... over $.50. Really? Would you rather keep $.50 and lose a customer? I have to be honest, there is a CVS, Publix, Rite Aid, Walgreens, H Mart, Walmart, Kroger, etc all within a few miles of me that I have been frequenting more often just because they treat me better.
Growing up Target was like the Nordstrom of grocery stores. I loved shopping at Target. Now when I walk in I feel like I must be prepared for battle. I have a hard time finding someone on the floor when I have a question or can't find something. And I have to fight to use your coupons. One lady even told me she couldn't take my coupons because (and I quote), "Target is in the business of making money." That was her explanation for why she didn't want to take the coupons I printed from your website. The basic feeling I get is that the employees want to "stick it to the man." Except, I work for a non-profit and I live in Atlanta, so needless to say, I'm not the man. I need to save money where ever I can and I'm so glad you have store coupons. I just would love to be able to use them without hassle.
Please, please, please hire more people like Cynthia. If I had today's experience every time I went into Target I would be doing nothing but raving about your store... I'd have you right back up there with Nordstrom.

No comments: