Thursday, June 17, 2010

GUEST BLOGGER!!! - Katie Killebrew

My friend Katie has asked to be a guest blogger to add her recipes to the blog and I have to say I LOVE the idea!!!  If you ever want to be a guest blogger please email me!!!  Tuesday night I heard nothing but amazing stories about Katie's shrimp (I showed up to the party after it was all gone)!  So with no further adieu, here is Katie:

-----------

Last night I had the pleasure of being a guest cook in Jennie’s home. We decided to throw one last hurrah; shower, bachelorette, fling before the ring before April A. Cook becomes April C. Minter on Saturday and have a girls get together at Jennie’s. Since Jennie is a newly found vegetarian for the month; she asked me to bring shrimp. I suggested one of my favorite Italian dishes – “Aeglio e Oila.” In layman’s terms – Pasta with Garlic and Oil. The recipe is quite simple and can be used as a tradition (as in my family; Christmas eve) or for a quick throw-together dinner. 


Aeglio e Oila

1 lb peeled shrimp
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
½ cup walnuts (finely chopped – 1 cup if you use whole)
1 cup raisins
1 lb pasta (linguini, fettuccini or angel hair)

Cook pasta according to box; drain and set aside.

While pasta is cooking; sautéing fresh peeled shrimp (a lb if you are cooking for a lot; I use about 4-6 per serving) in a thinly coated pan with olive oil. Add the chopped garlic to the pan and sauté until the shrimp and pink and browning around the edges.

Once the shrimp is cooked; add walnuts and raisins and sauté with shrimp until warm and toasted. Toss with cooked pasta. 

Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy!

No comments: