Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Turkey Wild Rice Casserole

I am on a mission to clean out my freezer and pantry. I generally will just eat a salad or some fresh fruits/veggies instead of eating all of the foods that I buy half price, on sale at Publix. I say it is an effort to be money savvy, but really I feel better when its cleaned up. I found a recipe online and added to it... and this was the creation.

1 pkg. UNCLE BEN'S® Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 c. turkey, diced
1 c. celery, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (5 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 can string green beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
3 tbsp. soy sauce
mulled flax seeds

Cook rice mix according to package directions (I made it in the microwave while I prepped the rest of the ingredients and it turned out perfect). Stir in soup. Add everything but flax seed. Mix well. Pour into 3 quart casserole. Sprinkle flax seeds on top. Bake 350 oven for 1 hour.


Erinleigh and George came over for dinner on Sunday night and we ate while we watched the Grammy's. It was fun and we all loved the dish.

No comments: