Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful

Today I was able to attend the Catalyst One Day held at North Point Church. It was an amazing experience and I am so thankful I was able to attend, hear Andy and Craig speak, and sit next to my co-worker. However, that is not what I am most thankful for. Truly, I am most thankful for meeting Lindsay. She works at NewSpring Church and is an assistant to their pastor. When I found out they were going to be there I even said, oh I want to see him. Really I was only hoping to walk by in the hallway or something, but God is always so much bigger than me.

To step back quickly, before I got my job at Buckhead Church I would work on Sundays at my old job at Cbeyond. While working, I would watch Buckhead church, listen to Rob Bell @ Mars Hill, and watch Perry Noble @ NewSpring preach online thru their sites. They all have such different styles and I appreciate each for doing what God has called each of them to do.

So when I heard that Perry Noble was in the crowd today I wanted to see him. Just to see if he looked anything like what I saw on my computer screen. I don't know why I thought he would look any different, but I never know.

As I was walking the halls, I decided to stop into the break room to eat a banana that Abby was kind enough to give me. I saw a bunch of ladies that I knew sitting down so I joined them and right away they introduced me to Lindsay. She and I chatted for the rest of the lunch break, found out about her life and about what she does at NewSpring. Before I left the break room I was able to see Perry. And yes, he looks exactly the same in person.

I was thrilled. Like rock star thrilled. I wanted to say to him thank you for what you do. Thank you for letting God use you. Thank you for listening to that small voice inside of you that I am sure is the Holy Spirit. Thank you for preaching to people like me who need to hear what you have to say. But, I always feel weird about saying that to someone I have never met. It's something that I have always wanted to say to Andy as well. God used them to plant a seed inside of me. To change me from who I was two years ago to who He has formed me to be today. I can't thank them enough.

I never thought I would get to see Perry, since he preaches in South Carolina. I never imagined I would meet a woman on his staff and find her so cool that we are now Facebook friends (cause your not really friends unless you are Facebook friends). I am learning every day that I imagine so small. God imagines so much bigger than me. I like His imagination so much more.

What an exciting day!!

No comments: