Monday, February 23, 2009

Fasting

As part of my Mentorship Group, I was asked to give up something for one week. I thought about it and prayed about it and ended with I am giving up my computer, my television, and the features on my phone that aren't for texting or calling while I am at home. This will create some silence in my life so that if God so chooses, he can speak to me.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at home in silence. I read a little, napped a little, drew a little. It was nice but the silence was almost deafening. It always seems that way when you give something up, doesn't it. I mean, I sit at my house from time to time with nothing on and it can be great. Its just when I now *can't* turn on the TV or pick up the computer, I now want to. I'm sure as the week goes on I will find that I will come to appreciate the silence!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow. Very cool Kristie - keep blogging through your experience - I bet it will end up being a powerful time. How long are you doing it? Challenges me just reading this...