Saturday, February 16, 2008

The days after...

I had the most wonderful Valentines date... with my friend Lynette!! Kendol had school and Lynette's boyfriend had to work so she and I went to Oceanaire (where her beaux is the Executive Sous Chef) and had a wonderful time.

We didn't make it to the restaurant until almost 10pm an there was still an amazing line!! People without reservations were even trying to get in. Lynette and I laughed at those people. Once we were seated I ordered a martini with olives (my current fav drink) and she ordered hers (caramel apple martini) and we got to chatting and people watching.

Our first course was an appetizer... we were going to have calamari however by 10:15pm they were out. Instead they brought us out shrimp, calamari style and it was wonderful! We ate the entire thing!! I was amazed at how good it tasted!! We then shared a spinach and warm bacon dressing salad... yummy!! For my entry I had scallops with corn ravioli. I was in heaven!! Once again, amazing. Then Lynette's beaux, Chris brought us out dessert. It was the perfect cap to the evening. Chocolate martinis with Crème brûlée, chocolate mouse, chocolate covered strawberries, a petifor with a cute little heart on it, and blackberries with whipped cream. Needless to say I was happy and full. Once the restaurant had died down a bit Chris and Dee stopped by the table and we had a great conversation!!

Then I woke up on Friday. Something doesn't feel right. And I knew it had nothing to do with the night before... I am coming down with... the FLU!! I don't have time for this!! I am going to Florida on Thursday. I took Airborne, all my vitamins and have been drinking tea and orange juice. I woke up this morning and I am dragging!! Its whats going around... sore throat, cough, runny nose, achy, head ache, etc. As soon as my replacement gets to work I am heading home to lay back down. I must feel better soon!! Pray that it goes away!!

No comments: