Monday, January 17, 2005

Interview

Well, after my Interview on Friday I got really busy at work and then didn't think about going back online over the weekend to update my blog, but here is how the Interview went...

I was there early, actually before any of the interviewers (which they actually seemed impressed with). They were also impressed with the amount of information that I knew at the tier 1 level. I was in the interview for about an hour and there were 3 interviewers. I knew them all by name but didn't know any really by face. There are 7 people being interviewed for the job that I interviewed for. They are doing more interviews today and tomorrow and then they will let us know after that. They also gave me some pointers on things to do to learn more and stated that 'if' I don't get this job don't let it discourage me against applying in the future. I took that as a good thing... I am relatively young, only been with this company 7 months, and not a lot of background in analog phone troubleshooting. So, I am not discouraged... if nothing else, good interview practice and gave me some face time with the managers of the tier 2 departments. Also, I sent thank you notes to the guys who interviewed me and the main manager emailed me back stating that I had done really well in the interview. Either way, what is supposed to happen... will.

I had a good weekend... very relaxing. On Sunday I made cheesy potatoes to take to the pot luck. It was cool getting to meet some new people. The people that hosted the event have a very nice house about 20 minutes from where I am living and it is further outside of the city.

I should now have access to the gym provided by my company... it isn't a very big gym but it has the things I need so I am planning on trying that out after lunch.

Side note... I spelled Shana's name wrong (oops)... it should be updated every where... sorry about that!

No comments: