Thursday, November 25, 2004

Where's the Turkey???

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Well, last night I went to make the pumpkin pies for our Thanksgiving dinner today. I made the pies, put them in the oven, waited the 50 minutes like the directions said but they were no where near being done. So, I waited another 15 minutes... then another 15 minutes, and another 15 minutes... still the pies are not done... hmm. We finally figured out that the oven, although it was warm, really wasn't the required 350 degrees to cook the pies. The day before the big Thanksgiving dinner, where we have a huge turkey, the oven decides that it no longer wants to work! We use the oven about once a month... and this is the month it decides to die!! So, the Thanksgiving day plans changed... last night at 11:30pm... when we finally established that we wouldn't be fixing the oven anytime soon we went out to Kroger and picked up some new pies and some ingredients to cook the turkey in the slow cooker. It isn't quite dinner time yet so the turkey isn't ready... but it sure smells good! By the way... the pies that I made didn't go to waste... I went into the kitchen last night and found one of them eaten and a note from the "Thanksgiving Day Fairy" thanking me for the pie... although I do suspect 2 of my roommates...

This morning I woke up and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade!! And then I decided that I needed to do something while I watched the show so, in my normal Thanksgiving weekend tradition, I put the Christmas tree up! It is so pretty!!! As soon as I take some pictures I will post them with the rest of my pictures.

I am finally feeling better!! For the first day I can talk with out coughing... although I still am coughing! I am taking the medicine from the doctor still and it is really helping!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristie,

Glad you're starting to feel better!! I'll look for pictures of your tree. Happy Day After Thanksgiving!!
Love, D & M