Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Post Francis

Fortunately most of Francis died before it got to us but there still was a lot of power outages around the city. And since my job involves a ton of small business around the area I was quite busy yesterday... and there is some over flow for today as well.

Ok, check this out... I was waiting to get into the elevator this morning so I was standing by where I push the button to call the elevator. There is almost never anyone coming down the elevator in the mornings so I stood close to the door. When it opened I started walking towards it when I noticed there was someone coming out. So I said "oh, I'm sorry, excuse me" as I backed away from the door to give her more room. At that point she said "excuse me, or just knock me over." I couldn't believe it. I moved and apologized for being in her way, and she said that. And on top of it this woman was at least 2 times the size of me... there was no way that I was going to knock her down. I have to deal with these people on the phone daily... and I guess now I have to deal with them in person. Yuck!

Other than that things have been going well. It was nice to have the extended weekend and I basically relaxed for most of it which was wonderful!!

No comments: