Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Another Week in Review

Oh so much to say... hope you are ready to read!!

I got a call on Monday from a lady named Susan asking me to join a small group! I was very excited because I have been trying to join a small group for a few months with out any luck but Susan stated that they had an opening for 1 if I was still interested. So, after work I went to my first meeting and met most of the girls.

Actually, let me back up and tell you what a small group is. I have been attending Buckhead Church on a regular basis, and I really like the church but it is extremely large which can make it hard to meet people in the church. One way to meet people in the church is to join what they call a small group. My group consists of all single females from our mid-20's to mid-30's. We will be meeting generally once a week (on Monday's) for 2 hours.

After the meeting I met up with my friend Chris and his friend Daniel to watch the Falcons game at Three Dollar Cafe. The Three Dollar Cafe is a sports bar and there are actually quite a lot of them around Atlanta. There was even a contest for a guy to throw a football to win $100,000 but he didn't make it. I had lot of fun watching hanging out with them!!

On Tuesday... ok so at the moment I can't remember what I did on Tuesday... I know I did something so when it comes to me I will come back and add it in... hehe!!

On Wednesday I went for a run at Piedmont Park which is about 10 minutes from my apartment. I really enjoy running downtown surrounded by all the big buildings and downtown life. After my run I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few item with the plan to go home and relax for the rest of the night but my friend Victor called me to see if I wanted to watch a movie with him. I really needed to do laundry as well and he was nice enough to let me use his washer and dryer. So he and I watch the movie Hitch and I did my laundry (it only took until about 2am to get it all washed... hehe)!

Thursday was my down day. After the late laundry night all I could do on Thursday was my workout and then sleep!!

Friday, though, was another story!

I worked 8am-5pm on Friday because I want to take dancing lessons that are being hosted by Georgia Tech. I was excited because it is dancing and it is FREE!! But, it starts at 5:30pm and I generally work 10am-7pm but by boss was nice enough to let me work a different shift on Fridays so I can go. But, at exactly 4:59pm a customer contacted me back and it was one of our customers who I could tell to wait until Monday. So, I spent the next hour working with him and by the time we were done it was too late to go dancing. So instead I went home and got ready to go out.

One of the guys that I work with, Mike, had his last day of work on Friday. He is starting his own business so a lot of us went out to a pizza place called Mellow Mushroom to celebrate. I went there with Chris and his friend Daniel (who I had spent Monday with) and afterwards we went back to Chris's apartment before going out to Moondogs, a bar in Buckhead. We actually ended up meeting back up with Mike and a few other people that we were with earlier in the night. Moondog's is quite a fun bar because it is quite laid back and there are a lot of different things to do. There are pool tables so a few of the guys played pool while the rest of us chatted and then later in the night we all went dancing!!! This bar is on top of another bar called Hole in the Wall so when the dancing ended at Moondog's we went downstairs and danced until they closed as well!! We had a very fun night!!

On Saturday I ended up in a completely different state... and I don't mean mentally... I mean Alabama!! A guy that Victor and I know invited us down to his lake house and when we said yes we both assumed that it was in Georgia but after the hour and 1/2 drive down I-85 and seeing the big sign announcing that we had made it to Alabama we realized how far away we have to go to get to a lake! We got there quite late Saturday night so Victor cooked dinner and we watched movies until we all fell asleep (I think we were all out too late Friday and up too early on Saturday).

But we all got up early on Sunday (and when I say early I mean like 7am - believe me I was forced up that early) and went out on the boat. It was a beautiful day!! We spent all day out tubing and driving and swimming in the lake. The water was warm enough to make it comfortable and deep enough so I didn't feel any weeds! My arms have hurt the past 2 days from the tubing though and I am so sunburned (but I did put on sunscreen but I guess not enough) but we had a ton of fun!!

When I got home on Sunday I went to Sean’s house for Lisa’s (his sister) birthday party. They, as always, had a lot of good food out and a beautiful birthday cake (yumm). After the party we watched football until we fell asleep on the couch and then I went home to bed.

Starting this week I began working out in the mornings again. I figured it is too dark to work outside when I get out of work and I really want to keep exercising and keep fit so I now get up a little earlier so I can run before work.

On Monday after work I went to my small group again. This time we met at a different girls condo and it was beautiful!! I was quite jealous of her wood floors and decided that the next place that I live at will definitely have them!! But, it was a lot of fun to get together with them. Afterwards I went grocery shopping since I was basically out of food. My cupboards are so full now!!

Yesterday after work I dragged Victor to a furniture store with me called Traders. He had gone there over the weekend and found a couch that he thought I would like and he was right!! There was a couch that I fell in love with and got!! I have been looking for a couch since I moved into my apartment and had a good idea of what I wanted but haven't been able to find what I was looking for until last night so I was very excited!! I picked out the fabric and some pillows to go with it but it will take 4-6 weeks to get in so now I have to wait again like I did with my TV. But at least now I have it picked out! After picking out a couch we went back to Victor's house and he made us dinner... he is such a good cook!! He made baked fish with rice and broccoli. YUMM!!! We watched some movies until I started falling asleep on the couch and Victor wanted to go to bed so I went home.

Today was a very busy day at work so I wasn't able to take a lunch and got out around 8pm instead of my normal 7pm. I was going to do some errands at lunch so I ended up doing them after work instead. I had some odds and ends to pick up at Target and then I went to the Home Depot because I had seen some ads for vacuums there but when I got there I didn't see any that I really liked so I still don't have a vacuum. The search continues.

Now I need to do some cleaning so it is a fair time to let you go!

1 comment:

Russ & Deb Poll said...

Wow you are keeping BUSY!!! Glad you found a couch!! We're getting lots of rain today but it's supposed to be a nice weekend. If it is nice we'll be out on the bike!!