Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sick, Sick, Sick...

I took my first sick day of the year on Friday. I could not sleep Thursday night and I felt awful on Friday morning so I decided to call in sick. I hoped that if I laid low on Friday I may feel better on Saturday so I spent all Friday either sleeping or resting. I went out only one time and that was to get some soup for dinner.

And I thought it may work because I woke up Saturday (or should I say I was woken up Saturday) feeling much better. I was woken up by the sound of my telephone... Victor was calling me to see if I wanted to go with him to the park. Since it was early (at least for me... he woke me up pre-9am) I stopped by Starbucks and got myself a white chocolate mocha before meeting him at Piedmont Park. He also brought his dog for the walk and we ended up at the dog playground in the park. The playground was a fenced in area where all the dogs could run around and I was amazed at the number of people there.

After the park I was going to go back to my apartment to sleep but realized that I had some books I needed to return to the library and I really needed to get the address on my license updated. So, I headed out to the library and exchanged my books and found the DMV. Luckily I brought one the of the books in with me because I sat at the DMV for 2 hours to get the addresses changed and I read one of the books, He's Just Not That Into You, completely. It was actually a really good book... just practical advice. As I was reading it I found out it was written by some of the writers from the HBO series Sex and the City, which I absolutely love. They made a ton of references to the TV show which I found fabulous!

When I got home I thought that 'sweating out a cold' would be a good way to verify the cold was gone so I laid by the pool for a few hours. I then caught back up with Victor and we played some tennis at a local park. We were going to play at the court here at my complex but there were already people playing and luckily Victor took a wrong turn on his way over and found the park that we ended up going to. After tennis I made us some dinner and then watched the movie White Chicks.

I was feeling pretty good last night and thought that I may have won the war with my cold but I woke up this morning and realized that I may have won the battle yesterday but not the war, yet. I felt horrible! And, I had used up my daytime cold medicine yesterday so on my way to church I stopped by the local CVS pharmacy to pick up more. After church I thought that I would lay out by the pool again but I felt too sick. I have stayed in for the rest of the day. Through out this weekend I have gone thru 2 boxes of Kleenex! I am now out and am in no mood to run to the store to pick up more... so I guess I will be using bathroom tissue for the rest of the night and stopping by the store again tomorrow.

No comments: