Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mexican (cheese-free) lasagna!

What about the food!! Right?? It's been a while since I have posted any good food entries.  And this one was amazing!! I loved it. 

I made this Monday for Erinleigh, George and Richard... however, my car decided to break down so I couldn't drive out to their house.  EL came my way so she and I ate with Jennie and I sent EL home with the left overs for the guys.  EL is about to have her baby so any spice is no bueno so I left out any chili power or red pepper flakes or jalapeno... things that are generally a staple in my cooking... so feel free to add them in if you want it spicier.  This was very flavorful though!!


Kristie's Enchilada (cheese-free) Lasagna


5 flour tortillas, cut into wedges
5 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
1 tsp olive oil
1 large sweet onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minces
1 zucchini, chopped
2 yellow squash, chopped
1 cup corn 
1 tbsp cumin
black pepper
2 cups black beans
2 cups BBQ chicken, diced
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 10 oz can enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a pan on medium high heat, saute the olive oil, onion, green pepper, garlic, zucchini, and yellow squash for about 3 minutes.  Add the corn, cumin and black pepper.  Saute 3 minutes more. Take off the heat and add black beans, chicken, and tomatoes.

Spray a 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray.  Layer the flour tortilla wedges along the bottom to cover the pan.  Add 1/2 the chicken mixture.  Add 1/2 can of enchilada sauce (spread with a spoon if necessary).  Layer the corn tortilla wedges on top.  Add the remaining chicken mixture and remaining enchilada sauce (spread with a spoon again if necessary).

Cover pan with aluminum foil.  Cook for 40 minutes.  Remove the foil and cook 10-15 minutes more.


Yummy!!

No comments: