Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy as a bee

I've been busy.  So of course there has been a lax in posting.   Basically, when I have down time... oh wait, that hasn't been able to happen.  I can't complain though as I have enjoyed everything I have been doing.  Well, except for the laundry I did today. 

Jennie, Preston and I are fully moved in and coming to a routine.  This weekend our power was shut off because of an issue between our management company and the power company however management put Jennie and I up in a hotel room for the night, took care of Preston, and helped us move our food to an empty unit so I can't complain too much.  It did take a chunk out of the weekend however we got a free breakfast at the hotel out of the deal...  and last night Teesha and Joel came over to the hotel to chat and catch up.  I keep looking at the 4 of us in the hotel room, chatting and acting like everything was normal.  And I realized again how lucky I am.  That home for me is not in 4 walls but in my friends who I have surrounding me.  I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends (and one fabulous roommate)!!  And that God provide for me wherever I am.  He can always find me.  Even in a hotel about 2 miles from where I currently call home. 

Last weekend I drove down to Destin, Florida for Labor Day Retreat with my church.  I can't say enough great things about the time we spent down there.  Weather was beautiful!! Perry Noble was the speaker and he rocked our socks off!!


The beach was fantastic!! The socials were great, the food was good, and I had an amazing time catching up with Abby and LeAnn, as we drove there and back together and Abby made me lunches.


I also got to connect with a few guys I've meet throughout the summer at different events and met some new people as well.  I felt so blessed being there.  And, I've uploaded the photos here...

No comments: