Saturday, February 20, 2010

Breakfast Drinks

I'm usually a huge, and I mean HUGE fan of coffee for breakfast.  I generally call it my sweet nectar of life!!  LOL!!

 

And I mean it.  However, when I don't feel well the deep flavor of good coffee just seems to much for me.  So, I have been drinking some home made chai tea.  I found a recipe from a Real Simple magazine that I tweaked slightly.  It's a spiced Indian drink and with the cinnamon and ginger it's good for the stomach and for being as sick/dizzy as I have been.  Also, its great to use the huge container of Lipton black tea that my mom bough for me forever ago to make sweet tea for my dad when he comes down. Here is the recipe...




For one coffee cup (double it for 2 people)

1/2 tsp ground cardamom (or 4 cardamom seeds)
4 cloves
2 black pepperconrs
1 cinnamon stick
1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
1 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk
2 bags black tea (I use Lipton but any kind will do)
1 tsp sugar (or more to taste)

Place the cardamom, cloves, and peppercorn in a tea bag.  Crush slightly.

Place the bag, cinnamon sticks, ginger, milk and 1/2 cup of water into a small sauce pan (I use the small container shown above); bring to a boil.  Remove from heat; add tea bags and cover.  Let seep for 10 minutes.

Put sugar in each cup.  Strain the tea into the cup and stir.

Enjoy!!

No comments: