Saturday, August 06, 2005

I HAVE ACCESS!!

I now have Internet access and cable television!! Woo Hoo!!

I got my cable installed on Friday... they were supposed to be at my apartment sometime between 5pm and 8pm to install the cable but at 8pm no one had shown up so I gave Comcast a call. They said that there was a technician still scheduled to be at my location but they were running behind (obviously) and someone would be here by 8:45pm. At 9pm I called again... this time they said that there was someone still on their way but they didn't know when they would show up. I was so happy at 10:30pm when the cable guy finally showed up!! It didn't take him too long and I had cable!!

I didn't have them install my Internet access at the same time because it would have cost $100... and me installing it myself... free (I love free)!! So, this morning I got up and drove to Comcast and picked up the cable modem.

After I picked up the modem a friend and I went all over Atlanta looking for furniture for my apartment. In particular, we were looking for a computer desk, a couch, and a stand for my television. After a couple hours of searching and being no closer to actually finding any of the above we decided to give up the search and visit another friend for dinner.

We ate dinner and then washed our vehicles... then they had homework to do so I went to Ikea and there I did find a computer desk!! It is the perfect size (small) for my apartment. The only problem with Ikea is that I had to put the desk together myself and it gave me a challenge for about two hours!! It is now set up and I have my computer on it and it looks fabulous!!

Once I got the table set up I worked on the Internet access. It took a little bit of troubleshooting on my end and a phone call to Comcast to get the service working but I now have Internet!! Once I got the cable modem working I put together my wireless network so I can get my laptop online anywhere in my apartment!! I was so proud when I got it all set up!!

Now it is time for me to go to bed!! I am so sleepy!! Have a great night!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting settled in, Kristie. I am impressed with your technical skills--getting your internet and DVD player hooked up, and even putting a desk together, WOW! Keep up the good work.
Love, Grandma E