Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good Friday

I have been busy. As always right?!?! But, I wanted to stop for a minute and share with you what went down on Good Friday. I mean, at my church.

I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer with the SPD (the people who make the service happen at the church) team and get to be a stage hand. Something I have never done before. I got to be at church early, sit with the band (very intimidating), and eat dinner with the crew. Then service started... at 7:05pm. A little late, but we had to accommodate for all the people still arriving. Then about 10 minutes into the service everything goes black. I am on the team, I know this wasn't scheduled. The power goes out. Can you imagine?? What do you do?? Well, what our amazing SPD team did for a back up was get a bull horn. Could you imagine being in a crowd of 3,000+ listening to a pastor speak from a bull horn in the dark??

Good thing we didn't have to... the power came back on a minute later and we were able to go on as scheduled. At the end of service, all the people I ask said it was a powerful message and when I asked about the power outage they had all forgotten it. Why would they forget??? Check this out...


Good Friday 2009 - Ending from buckheadchurch on Vimeo.

Amazing stuff, isn't it! I love my God. I love my Savior. I love my Redeemer.

And I love my church.

No comments: