Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Seaweed Salad

If you ever ate seaweed salad at a restaurant and loved it, and like me thought, 'this is way to hard to make at home,' I'm about to show you how easy it really is.  And, this is a bit different but I think even better.

First, you will want to get some sweet fish sauce.  My friend Moni made me some and her recipe was something similar to this one. But I'm sure you could get something like this at the market or just leave it out, and maybe just add some ginger, a squeeze of orange and/or orange zest to the salad and I'm sure it will still taste good.  P.S. this sause doesn't taste at all like fish, so it can be a little bit misleading in the name.

Ok, now onto the recipe...

Seaweed Salad

4 cup soaked Seaweed
1 tbsp grapeseed oil (use any oil you have at home)
2-3 tbsp sweet fish sauce (recipe above)
1 Tomato, diced
5 mushrooms, diced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
3 tbsp sesame seeds
3 tbsp flax seed, ground
Fresh Lemon Juice
Sea Salt
1 Avocado (optional)

Mix everything together, except the avocado.  Chill, serve the seaweed salad and top with avocado.  

THE BEST!! Yummy!!


No comments: