Sunday, February 26, 2012

Banana & Tapioca Pearl in Coconut Milk

How about a Khmer recipe???? My Cambodian class is doing a pot luck today in which we each bring in a Cambodian dish to share.  I was tasked with doing dessert (how perfect, right?!?!)!





I changed up the recipe because I found a few different ways to make this and then I tripled the recipe to get enough for the class but I say its still Cambodian. :)  

Oh, and if you want to see where I got the recipe from click on the link.

Banana & Tapioca Pearl in Coconut Milk (makes 3-4 servings)
(Jake Ktiss) បង្អែម​ចេកខ្ទៈ

2 plantain bananas
1 tablespoon small size tapioca pearl (more if you prefer a thicker consistency)
1 can coconut milk (13 oz)
2 T sugar

In a small dish, add tapioca pearl and hot water.  Cover and let sit for 1 hour.

Meanwhile, peel banana and first cut them diagonally.  In a sauce pot on medium low, add plantains, coconut milk and sugar.  Cook, stirring frequently, until the coconut milk has thickened and turned slightly yellow.  Turn off the heat and add the tapioca.

Serve warm or cold.

No comments: