Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jeera Rice


Yes yes, I fail to blog here often. However, I want to maintain some of my cooking recipes here as I cook... which is very, very little now that I live in Phnom Penh.  However, I just took a trip to India and learned a few new recipes while I was there.

One recipe I learned was for Jeera rice.  I fell in love with this rice and made the girls I was with order it quite a number of times only to find out later that its ridiculously easy to make.  So easy its only 3 ingredients.  So, without further ado, here is this easy recipe.

Jeera Rice


oil
cumin seeds
day old rice
water

In a skillet heat the oil over medium head.  Add cumin seeds to toast.   Add rice and enough water to make the rice fluffy.  Cook until headed.


And now you can cook an Indian dish.  Simple, right?!?!?!  And you thought you could never cook an Indian meal.

No comments: